Madison is a friendly city and an award-winning destination full of energy and amenities to please everyone! We offer an energetic downtown, cultural attractions, excellent educational institutions and endless recreational opportunities amid our stunning natural surroundings.
Among our Accolades:
- Miles and miles of bike trails and a bike-friendly transportation plan ranks Madison consistently among the top 10 Bike Friendly Cities by Bicycling Magazine, #7 in 2010
- Five Star Food Town, Midwest Living, #1 in 2009
- The Five Friendliest Cities in America, Today Show, 2008
- Nation’s Smartest City, Bizjournals, 2008
- America’s Best Adventure Towns National Geographic, October, 2009
- Dane County Farmers’ Market Named Best in Nation, EatingWell, 2007
- One of the Top 10 Best Green Large Cities plus One of the Top 10 – Organic Food Supply, Country Home, 2007
- Best Places to Find a Job, Money Magazine, #2 in 2009
- One of the 30 Best Towns in America Outside, August, 2007
With five major lakes and more than 30 swimming areas, we’re a top summer vacation spot. “The Madison area has a well-established reputation as a premier visitor, sporting event and convention destination,” says Deb Archer, President of the Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Enjoy nearby attractions including the Smithsonian’s National Mississippi River Museum, Wisconsin Dells’ endless entertainment, rock climbing at Devil’s Lake, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin, Ice Age glacial formations, the world famous Baraboo Circus World, and more.
Find out more at the Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau website: visitmadison.com.
Check back soon for other must see places in and around Madison for unicyclists. Post comments on our Facebook Page and discover other great reasons to visit Madison.